So in a bid to churn out posts and also practice a few things, I’ll be putting up a post everyday of this month!! Yaaayyyy! 💃💃💃
You know how you see things online and get enraged? Yeah… Last week was one of those times. (Well, on Twitter that’s almost everyday. But today it bubbled out)
A PACT was formed. “Presidential Aspirants Coming Together” . I was overjoyed. Finally, people see sense and know that if you want to send the incumbent president out, we’ll need to work together since none of the newcomers to the political sphere in Nigeria are in the Siamese twins as the Red Card Movement will call it.
Last week Thursday was the deciding day for who will be chosen as the consensus candidate.
Ghen Ghen Fela Durotoye came out as the candidate.
And Twitter went haywire.
I lowkey thought it would be Kingsley Moghalu, but this things happen. I was eagerly waiting to see the responses of the other candidates.
Of course, this is Nigeria. Anything can happen.
Lol. And ‘anything’ did happen.
So as usual, jumbled thoughts. I would itemise as it comes.
1. FD’s media team was extremely fast and quick with the posters declaring him as winner. Well , maybe all the candidates had theirs ready too
2. You made a PACT, and stayed till the end. The results didn’t favour you and you pulled out. That’s what seems to have happened.
3. Anyway, they had a section in PACT Memorandum of Understanding, that they could continue with their individual pursuits. This, to me, defeats the whole aim of PACT. Like, if you’ll still go ahead with your campaign why come together.
4. Do you have to have a political platform to effect change?
5. Wo! Nigeria is a country! 🍷
So, what was the purpose of PACT if y’all are still running individually?
This puts an interesting twist to the upcoming 2019 Presidential elections.
And yes, I think I’ve earned the right to rant all I want after the long hustle to get my Permanent Voters Card (well, it’s still the temporary one until INEC notifies when the actual PVC is ready)
P. S: What would really be interesting will be the People’s Democratic Party’s (PDP) primaries for the presidential slot. Lol.
Have a productive week! 😎😎